Mr Ali Abbasian
Areas of expertise
- Sports injuries of the foot and ankle including ankle sprains and overuse injuries
- Corrective surgery for bunions, hammer toes and other forefoot problems
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT)
- Foot and ankle fractures
- Brachymetatarsia or “short toes”
- Surgical and non-surgical management of tendon problems around the ankle
- Surgical and non-surgical management of plantar fasciitis
- Surgical and non-surgical management of adult flat foot deformity
- Surgical and non-surgical management of high arched feet (cavus foot)
- Ankle replacement and arthroscopic ankle fusion for ankle arthritis
Mr Abbasian is a fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon specialising in all aspects of the management of foot and ankle problems with his practice solely devoted to this area of the body.
His NHS practice is based at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust where he has been in practice since 2012 undertaking complex as well as routine reconstructive and sports surgery of the adult foot and ankle, including total ankle replacements.
He regularly accepts tertiary referrals from other orthopaedic centres and has helped develop the unit into what is today arguably one of the largest and busiest tertiary referral teaching hospitals in the country.
In 2011, after successfully completing the US Medical Licensing Examinations, Mr Abbasian embarked on a Foot and Ankle Fellowship programme at the New England Foot and Ankle Centre, Mercy Hospital, in Portland, Maine, under the guidance of Dr Gregory Pomeroy.
Mr Abbasian is one of a handful of UK surgeons who has completed a fellowship programme that is recognised by The American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS) and whose name appears on a list of “recognised surgeons” on their website. Prior to that, he trained on the well-respected North-West Thames orthopaedic surgery training rotation culminating in the award of Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. This saw him through many of London’s prestigious teaching hospitals, including St Mary’s Paddington, Charing Cross, The Royal Free and The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore.
In the year 2000, he had completed his medical education at St George’s Hospital Medical School, University of London, where he was awarded a Bachelor's Degree in Medicine and Surgery with merit.
Find out more about Mr. Abbasian’s academic papers on his research gate profile.
Mr Abbasian's Secretary Direct Email; firstname.lastname@example.org