Schoen Clinic Newbridge
This role will work as part of a multidisciplinary team, focusing on assessments and treatment plans for all inpatients and outpatients suffering from a range of eating disorders. The speciality doctor will support the consultants and other members of the multidisciplinary team to provide all aspects of care including emergency care and will be responsible for providing full medical assessments and treatment plans. The specialty doctor will work under the supervision of a consultant psychiatrist.
Schoen Clinic is active in research and there may be opportunities to become involved in research projects.
Responsible for conducting medical assessments and managing all treatment plans for patients suffering from a range of eating disorders.
Responsible for assessing and managing patients with eating disorders, including psychiatric and general medical care
Carry out practical procedures such as venepuncture
Regularly review and conduct assessments of risk and develop patient management strategies
Assess patients for both inpatient and outpatient treatment
Responsible for developing appropriate care plans to meet each patient’s individual needs
Provide prescriptions for appropriate medication with adequate monitoring
Take a lead role in the management of physical complications and complications of refeeding
Admit patients and carry out a full mental state examination and physical examination on the day of admission
Arrange physical investigations, ensure that the results are obtained and interpret them within the limits of their competence
Liaise with other health professionals as required in relation to both psychiatric and physical health care and refer as necessary
Provide medical reviews of outpatients
Perform additional duties in emergency situations and unforeseen circumstances
Support all consultants to provide high quality services to patients with eating disorders
Accountable for supporting the multidisciplinary team review patients as required
Attend multidisciplinary team meetings, CPA meetings and other clinical reviews of all patients
Communicate and liaise with relatives and carers
Contribute to clinical audit and service evaluation
Complete discharge summaries and other reports within the timeframe specified by the unit
Complete reports for managers’ hearings and First Tier Mental Health Tribunals and attend hearings
Attend mandatory training sessions, as required by the unit. including Immediate Life Support
Participate in continuing professional development and remain in good standing for CPD with the Royal College of psychiatrists
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
What’s On Offer
Salary up to £52,000 per annum with an annual salary review
This is a Full time position but part time candidates will be considered,
25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
Schoen Clinic Culture
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative Working together to make a winning team
Courageous Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volumes of applications we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Whilst Schoen Clinic value the services of recruitment agencies, we do not wish to engage on this occasion. Thank you.
Schoen Clinic Newbridge
Full time or Part time
26th February 2021
- Full registration with GMC
- Eligibility for inclusion under section 12 of the Mental Health Act
- Minimum 4 years’ postgraduate medical experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ psychiatry experience
- Able to make decisions independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to think in psychotherapeutic terms and reflect on own emotional response to the patient
- Able to work autonomously when required
- Understanding and knowledge of eating disorders
- Conducting medical assessments
- Developing treatment plans
- Carrying out risk assessments
- MRCPsych or equivalent (Desirable)
- Registered for the CPD programme of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (Desirable)
- Experience of working in eating disorders (Desirable)
- Evidence of training in psychotherapy (Desirable)
- Employer matched pension scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Travel Loan
- Bike Loan
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise by working in a specialist environment alongside leading experts
- A chance to be at the forefront of best practice with our award winning approach to quality outcome measurement.