Schoen Clinic York
Schoen Clinic York are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join their team as a Social Worker on a part time basis working 15 hours per week.
- Promoting and providing expertise and guidance to the wider MDT on a range of social care interventions
- Planning and implementing appropriate mental health and socoail care evidence-based interventions
- Liaising with patients, their families, other disciplines and agencies to monitor, evaluate and modify treatment in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of intervention.
- To be responsive to the needs of patients and their families and establish and maintain a therapeutic relationship with them
- To act as an autonomous senior clinician being accountable for a defined caseload including patients with complex adult safeguarding needs.
- To make strong links with statutory, voluntary and community agencies towards greater social inclusion for patients and carers and to act as a resource for the MDT on identifying and accessing relevant agencies and unmet needs.
- Meet regularly with the Clinical Manager to discuss caseload management and identify other team business issues
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
Schoen Clinic Culture
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative Working together to make a winning team
Courageous Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Whilst Schoen Clinic value the services of recruitment agencies, we do not wish to engage on this occasion. Thank you.
Schoen Clinic York
24th April 2021
- Degree of equivalent in social work
- Current social work England registration
- Level 3 safeguarding training for adults and children
- Strong understanding of confidentiality and appropriate information sharing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Maintains a professional conduct at all times
- Excellent communication skills including negotiation and role modelling
- Experience of multi-disciplinary working with adults with mental health conditions.
- Practice experience of applying assessment skills within a statutory social work setting.
- Knowledge of safeguarding for adults with care and support needs and children at risk.
- Knowledge of methods of social work intervention.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations guidance & policy issues.
- Knowledge & understanding of reporting issues to relevant external bodies.
- Contemporary knowledge of social work & social work applications; i.e. attachment theory, enabling change and behaviour management.
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays (Pro-Rata)
- Pension scheme
- Training & development opportunities