Occupational Therapist (Full Time)
Schoen Clinic Newbridge
Schoen Clinic Newbridge House is a specialist Eating Disorder unit based in Streetly, Sutton Coldfield, providing in and out-patient services to young people aged 8-18. With an enviable reputation for excellent service provision we have had significant success through the dedication, innovation, and determination of our talented and close team of professionals. The unit was rated "Outstanding" by the CQC in 2016 and 2018
- Undertake occupational therapy assessments for a designated caseload, addressing occupational performance and skill deficits enabling the patient in all areas of self-maintenance, productivity and leisure.
- Work with patients to identify occupational therapy goals as part of the overall care plan.
- Plan and implement individual and/or group interventions, in collaboration with the patient, using graded activity to achieve therapeutic goals.
- Monitor and evaluate treatment in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of the intervention.Establish effective communication networks with users and carers, team members, occupational therapy colleagues and other agencies.
- Participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary team, contributing to decisions with regard to patient care programmes, completing, reviewing and following patient care plans.
- Plan, organise and be accountable for the management of a designated caseload.
- Apply acquired skills and knowledge of professional practice in order to develop fitness to practice as an occupational therapist.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
OUR AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- HOSPITAL GROUP OF YEAR - WINNER
- Nursing Practice (Schoen Clinic Newbridge)
- Healthcare Outcomes (Schoen Clinic Newbridge)
- Management Excellence (Schoen Clinic UK)
- Hospital (Schoen Clinic London)
- HOSPITAL - WINNER
- Hospital Group (Schoen Clinic London)
- Nursing Practice (Schoen Clinic London)
Schoen Clinic Culture
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable Taking ownership of the things I say and do
CaringTreating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative Working together to make a winning team
Courageous Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volumes of applications we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Whilst Schoen Clinic value the services of recruitment agencies, we do not wish to engage on this occasion. Thank you.
Schoen Clinic Newbridge
£24,500 - £25,600
30th September 2021
- Dip COT/BSc OT/MSc OT
- BAOT Registration
- HCPC registration
- Knowledge of current best practice in occupational therapy in eating disorders.
- Ability to provide examples of selecting appropriate assessments and interventions
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own performance.
- Ability to keep accurate, up to date clinical records and statistics.
- Ability to critically evaluate research and to apply findings to practice.
- Understanding of Safeguarding legislation and implications for practice
- Understanding of national guidelines and legislation related to health and social care.
- Previous work experience as student / occupational therapist in mental health and/or CAMHS.
- Salary up to £25,600 per annum with an annual salary review
- This is a full time position, working 37.5 hours per week
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme