Schoen Clinic Newbridge
The Lead Dietitian at Schoen Clinic Newbridge will act as a source of expertise on the dietary management of eating disorders to the multi-disciplinary team, community health professionals others involved in the care of our patients.
- To provide and lead the highly specialist Dietetic service to inpatients. If outpatient support is required, this to be discussed with the Dietetic team based on capacity at the time.
- To ensure cross covering arrangements are in place when the other Dietitian is on annual leave or on sick leave.
- Provide monthly clinical and managerial supervision to the other Dietitian in the team.
- Act as a source of expertise on the dietary management of eating disorders to the multi-disciplinary team, community health professionals and others involved in the care of our patients.
- Provide training to nursing, medical and other therapy staff and work closely with the catering staff.
- To lead the Dietetic team, offering guidance and support as required.
- To work with the Operations Manager and Clinical Manager to ensure the catering team are delivering the desired service, to meet the specialist needs of young people, families and staff.
- Work with the other Heads of Departments, to evaluate and create the most effective treatment programme at Newbridge house.
- To organise and support Dietetic student placements as agreed with specific Universities.
- To lead the ongoing development of departmental resources and guidelines, ensuring they remain evidence based and in line with National Guidelines and Frameworks.
- Assist the Managers in the external promotion and marketing of the unit to potential partners.
- Respond to media queries where appropriate, providing an expert voice on the nutritional management of eating disorders.
OUR AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- HOSPITAL GROUP OF YEAR - WINNER
- Nursing Practice (Schoen Clinic Newbridge)
- Healthcare Outcomes (Schoen Clinic Newbridge)
- Management Excellence (Schoen Clinic UK)
- Hospital (Schoen Clinic London)
- HOSPITAL - WINNER
- Hospital Group (Schoen Clinic London)
- Nursing Practice (Schoen Clinic London)
SCHOEN CLINIC CULTURE:
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable: Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring: Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative: Working together to make a winning team
Courageous: Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined: Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volume of applications we receive, Schoen Clinic reserves the right to close roles prior to the specified closing date if a suitable candidate is identified.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
Schoen Clinic Newbridge
30th September 2021
- BSc Nutrition and Dietetics or BSc in relevant science plus post-graduate diploma in dietetics
- Registered Dietitian with Health Professions Council
- Knowledge of current best practice in eating disorders.
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own performance.
- Ability to give and receive feedback constructively.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of equality and diversity issues.
- Experience of effective MDT working.
- Good time management & leadership skills
- Excellent communicator, self-motivated and adaptable
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Eye Care Scheme
- Online Benefits Portal
- Training & development opportunities