Healthcare Assistant/Sterile Services Assistant
Schoen Clinic Orthopaedic and Spinal Hospital London
To work as an integral part of the nursing and multi-disciplinary team, providing a high standard of patient centred care, meeting the needs of patients, consultants and colleagues. Working within the multi-disciplinary team to deliver care, maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users under the supervision of a Registered Practitioner.
- Ensure efficient provisions of sterile packs and instrument sets that are required by Theatres for the operating lists and associated departments.
- Ensure all documentation/ records pertaining to instrumentation are processed according to policy.
- Ensure that all loan equipment is checked and dispatched for sterilization in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work with the Sterile Services Co-ordinator to record any discrepancies with loan kit or consumables immediately.
- Maintain accurate records of all loan equipment and audit traceability of loan equipment.
- To prepare for the following day’s case by checking Theatre List and with support from other Clinical team members.
- To check all dirty instruments post-surgery to identify and action any problems prior to dispatch.
- Maintain cleanliness of the area.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Deliver a high standard of care in accordance with Schoen Clinic policies and procedures.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the HCA standard framework, understanding the standards in accordance with the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Demonstrate competence in the role of Healthcare Assistant within the scope of your working areas.
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating Schoen Clinic behaviours at all time.
- Work alongside multi-disciplinary team to provide safe and high quality care provision for patients.
- Support colleagues and senior staff to help promote good team morale, leading my example with one’s own professional behaviour.
- Communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with the multi-disciplinary team, patients and their family, visitors and carers.
- Respond appropriately to queries, take phone messages and pass on written and verbal information to patients where appropriate.
- Be aware of the importance of accurate documentation and contribute to reports of patients acuity and progress, ensuring entries into the patient records is countersigned by a Registered Practitioner.
- Demonstrate compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Maintain professional boundaries and working relationships with patients and colleagues.
- To work in accordance with the Healthcare Assistant standards
- Understand the duty of care that is required to contribute to safe practice in the workplace, understanding the importance of effective communication at work.
- Understand the principles that underpin privacy and dignity in care.
- Be aware and compliant with the principles of safeguarding adults and children and how to respond to suspected abuse.
- Be aware and able to recognise emergency situations, initiate basic life support and summon the crash team when necessary.
- Use appropriate equipment for safe lifting and handling.
- Monitor stock levels and replenish as required, assisting with charging procedures.
- Share responsibility for infection prevention and control, including the tidying and cleaning of clinical areas.Undertake administrative and clerical tasks associated with patient care to facilitate the smooth running of the department.
- Commitment to ensuring quality services are delivered to both internal & external stakeholders through continuous improvement activities.
- Compliance with Schoen Clinic Policies and Procedures relevant to this role, ensuring you are fully aware of your responsibilities within these policies.
- Demonstrate awareness of regulatory requirements, including key lines of inquiry taking appropriate action to ensure these requirements are implemented and adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with all Infection Prevention and Control policies and procedures understanding your role in the prevention of infection in patients and staff.
- To be aware of your responsibilities in relation to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. To ensure you are aware of your responsibilities, supporting policies and undertake the appropriate level of training for your role.
- Undertaking specific role related competencies and learning, ensuring 100% compliance of all relevant mandatory training within Schoen Clinic timescales.
- Maintain knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act. Ensuring appropriate measures are taken in respect of Health and Safety for patients, relatives, visitors, hospital staff and contractors.
SCHOEN CLINIC CULTURE:
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable: Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring: Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative: Working together to make a winning team
Courageous: Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined: Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volumes of applications we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic London reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
Schoen Clinic Orthopaedic and Spinal Hospital London
31st October 2021
- NVQ Level 2 Care Certificate and/or be willing to work towards NVQ Level 3 (Healthcare Specific)
- Able to undertake vital signs monitoring
- Able to provide basic assistance for procedures (including invasive)
- Able to use MS Office and similar software
- Experience in customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations
- Previous experience working in the acute healthcare sector.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- Holding a caring and professional nature.
- Drive and enthusiasm, ability to work well in a team and use own initiative.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Salary up to £26,000
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday
- Enhanced Private Healthcare
- Training & Development