Eating Disorder Primary Therapist (CAMHS)
Schoen Clinic Day Centre for Mental Health Chelsea
The CAMHS ED Primary Therapist is a member of the multi-disciplinary team and will hold an individual case load of both outpatient and day patients which will be determined by service demands. It is required that the post holder will contribute to weekly MDT meetings, where key decisions will be made regarding care and treatment of our patients.
The post holder will be responsible for an allocated number of patients, groups and service developments delivering therapeutic assessments and interventions. Working with children, young people and their families with Eating Disorders.
At Schoen Clinic Chelsea we expect that all our clinicians have regular clinical supervision and are up to date with the latest evidenced based interventions. The CAMHS ED Primary Therapist may be asked to oversee, manage and supervise the junior colleagues.
At Schoen Clinic we strive to deliver excellent care and treatment and have a strong quality agenda. Routine Outcome Measures are collected to inform audit and research. The CAMHS ED Primary Therapist is expected to contribute to good data collection and using these in a meaningful way with patients.
**This post is open to applicants on a permanent full time or part time basis. Applicants can originate from a Family Therapist, Clinical Psychologist, Counselling Psychologist, CBT Therapist or ED Nurse background**
The CAMHS ED Primary Therapist will:
- Offer high quality therapeutic services at Schoen Clinic Chelsea
- Fully participate as part of the MDT team in the development and delivery of the group/day programme
- Work with the Clinic Director and Pathway Lead to continuously improve services in line with service growth and national guidance.
- Support research projects in the field of eating disorders.
- Complete appropriate assessments with patients and attend MDT meeting to review each patient on a regular basis.
- Assess risk and develop a management plan for care and treatment.
- Review care plans and treatment accordingly, acting i key-worker for your clinical caseload on both outpatient and day patient programmes.
- To develop, deliver and monitor the treatment programme with the MDT
- Continue to develop and practice with good cultural competency and consideration of equality, diversity and inclusion for all in practice.
- To support and develop the design, implementation and evaluation of therapeutic interventions in accordance with best practice.
- To clinically supervise other clinical staff as appropriate.
- To provide clinical consultation, mentorship, supervision and advice relevant to experience and training to other members of the team.
- To hold a caseload of individual therapies, groups therapies, key-working and other clinical roles as needed.
- Maintain registration with your accreditation body (e.g. HCPC, BACP) and act at all times within the regulations and recommendations of this professional body.
- Participate in appraisal and management supervision
- Engage in continuing professional development (CPD)
- Remain up to date with current knowledge and practice.
- Operate within boundaries of own professional competence and maintain professional boundaries.
- Assist in the planning and organisation of educational programmes for Schoen Clinic Chelsea staff.
- Provide education on interventions within eating disorders as reflects your training and experience.
- Complete and keep up to date all mandatory training as deemed appropriate by Schoen Clinic.
- Contribute to the Schoen Academy and the training of others outside of Schoen
- Actively support values of equality, diversity and inclusion within the staff team.
- Read and comply with all relevant Schoen Clinic and statutory policies and procedures.
- Report any untoward incidents in line with Schoen Clinic policy and procedures.
- Report any safeguarding concerns in line with Schoen Clinic policy and procedures.
- Contribute to Schoen Clinic’s Clinical Governance arrangements, health and safety standards and quality agenda.
- Work with the Clinic Director, nursing and therapy staff to identify areas for improvement and implement necessary change.
- Keep adequate and timely patient records which comply with Schoen Clinic and national guidelines.
- Maintain an up-to-date calendar of planned groups and appointments and manage your own caseload.
- Ensure good communication with patients and families and remember our Duty of Candour.
- Liaise with other services, and agencies as necessary and in a timely manner. Our patients expect us to be responsive and communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ensure good practice in terms of updating and informing all members of the MDT and appropriate others about current care plans and the psychological progress of the patients.
- Act as a positive role model to all members of the MDT
- Facilitate feedback and staff debriefing sessions as required by the service.
- Work to ensure that Schoen Clinic Chelsea continues to maintain a high profile in the eating disorders networks.
- Represent the Schoen Clinic Chelsea team during inspections such as CQC and any other reviews.
- Contribute to good governance of the clinic and the ongoing projects that are a part of this.
Schoen Clinic Chelsea - Leading Healthcare Awards - finalist
Schoen Clinic Chelsea - Healthcare & Pharmaceutical Awards - Dr James Woolley - most trusted psychiatrist London & South East England
Schoen Clinic Day Centre for Mental Health Chelsea
£42,000 - £50,000
31st October 2021
- Doctorate training in Clinical or Counselling Psychology or Masters Level Training in Psychotherapy or Graduate Qualifications in Mental Health Nursing, Occupational Therapy or Dietian. .
- Registration with nationally recognised professional body e.g.HCPC, BACP etc
- Post qualification experience in a clinical mental health setting with children and young people.
- Post qualification experience in a clinical setting with people with eating disorders.
- Further training/qualifications in therapeutic models or approaches relevant for adults and young people (e.g. CBT-E, FBT-AN Schema, DBT, CFT etc.)
- Training in professional skills such as safeguarding, line management, marketing etc.
- Knowledge of the Care Act
- Knowledge of the CQC Standards for care services and inspection processes.
- Knowledge of the professional standards of your professional body
- Up to date knowledge of the best evidence based for interventions offered to the clients of Schoen Clinic Chelsea.
- Knowledge of good practice in online therapeutic practice.
- Demonstrate recent engagement in continuing professional development relevant to the work of the clinic.
- Post qualification experience which demonstrates a range of skills and competencies in conducting specialist assessments to inform formulation and therapeutic interventions.
- Ability to apply knowledge of theory relevant to professional group to health and social care.
- Demonstrate an ability in delivering formal and informal training to the staff team and professionals from outside of Schoen when needed.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex concepts, formulations and sensitive information to patients, carers/families and professionals.
- Experience of working in a private health care provision.
- Experience of working with both adults and Children, Young People and Families.
- Experience of working with both anxiety & mood and eating disorders.
- Understands that every person is unique and every patient is different. Demonstrates a person centred approach to care.
- Demonstrates quality and specialism in the delivery of care including a commitment to quality and diversity in the work place
- Demonstrates how they help people feel better and recover faster.
- Demonstrates the ability to be innovative
- Demonstrates positive team working and is committed and passionate about patient’s health and wellbeing, supporting them every step of the way, from treatment, rehabilitation, recovery and beyond.
- Commitment to working as part of an active and sharing multi-disciplinary team.
- Able to work both remotely and in the clinic whilst upholding professional standards in both settings.
- Excellent communicator
- up to £50,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Eye Care Scheme
- Online Benefits Portal
- Training & development opportunities