Schoen Clinic Newbridge
Schoen Clinic Newbridge are looking for a Dietitian to provide a specialist dietetic service to inpatients at Newbridge House.
The Dietitian will act as a source of expertise on the dietary management of eating disorders to the multi-disciplinary team, community health professionals and others involved in the care of our patients.
- Provide a specialist dietetic service to inpatients with eating disorders. This involves working with patients and the multi-disciplinary team to identify and address complex psychological and social factors that affect compliance with dietary treatment, thus facilitating permanent lifestyle changes.
- Provide specialist advice to patients with eating disorders deemed to be at high risk of medical or physical complications, including re-feeding syndrome.
- Undertake comprehensive assessments of individual patient’s diets and lifestyle to formulate individualised management and treatment plans ensuring optimal outcomes whilst minimising risk. Assessment will include interpretation of anthropometric, biochemical and clinical indicators, weight history and dietary analysis.
- Be aware of patients at high psychiatric risk (for example, suicide) and liaise with the multi-disciplinary team regarding the management of these patients.
- Communicate effectively with patients. This involves giving advice to patients with emotional, physical and psychological difficulties where acceptance can be challenging and patients can become distressed.
- Develop and run group education sessions covering all relevant nutrition topics, to allow patients to use this information in their recovery.
- Work with all disciplines and the catering department to prescribe dietary intake for each patient throughout their admission.
- Provide dietary advice to patients and their families to enable them to manage their leave breaks from the unit, and to accommodate changes made at multi-disciplinary team (MDT) meetings regarding exercise and dietary intake.
Schoen Clinic Culture
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative Working together to make a winning team
Courageous Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volumes of applications we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Whilst Schoen Clinic value the services of recruitment agencies, we do not wish to engage on this occasion. Thank you.
Schoen Clinic Newbridge
Up to £33,167
30th April 2021
- BSc Nutrition and Dietetics or BSc in relevant science plus post-graduate diploma in dietetics
- Registered Dietitian with Health Professions Council
- Previous dietetic experience post qualification NHS experience
- Knowledge of current best practice in eating disorders.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding responsibilities and relevant legislation.
- Evidence of CPD.
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own performance.
- Ability to give and receive feedback constructively.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Training & Development opportunities
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme