Counselling Psychologist/CBT Therapist (Anxiety & Mood Pathway)
Schoen Clinic Centre for Mental Health Chelsea
The Counselling Psychologist/CBT Therapist is a member of the multi-disciplinary team and will see patients in groups and individually, which will be determined by service demands. The post holder will contribute to weekly MDT meetings, where key decisions will be made regarding care and treatment of our patients.
The post holder will be responsible for an allocated number of patients, delivering therapeutic assessments and interventions. Working adults with Anxiety and Mood Disorders.
At Schoen Clinic Chelsea we expect that our therapists have regular clinical supervisor and are up to date with the latest evidenced based interventions. The Counselling Psychologist/CBT Therapist may be asked to oversee, manage and supervise the Assistant Psychologists or Therapy Assistants.
At Schoen Clinic we strive to deliver excellent care and treatment and have a strong quality agenda. Routine Outcome Measures are collected to inform audit and research. The Counselling Psychologist/CBT Therapist will work with the Assistant Psychologist, Pathway Lead and our Quality Management team to ensure the data can be developed and used for service improvement.
The Counselling Psychologist/CBT Therapist will :
- Offer high quality therapeutic services at Schoen Clinic Chelsea
- Fully participate as part of the MDT team in the development and delivery of the group/day programme
- Work with the Clinic Director and Pathway Lead to continuously improve services in line with service growth and national guidance.
- Support research projects in the field of anxiety and depression disorders
- Complete a psychological assessment with patients and attend MDT meeting to review each patient on a regular basis.
- Assess risk and develop a management plan for the psychological components of care and treatment.
- Review developmental history and care plan treatment accordingly, acting as a key worker for your clinical caseload and to some of the day patients.
- To manage a caseload of individual therapies, groups therapies, key-working and other clinical roles as needed.
- To develop, deliver and monitor the treatment programme with the MDT
- Continue to develop and practice with good cultural competency and consideration of equality, diversity and inclusion for all in practice.
- To support and develop the design, implementation and evaluation of therapeutic interventions in accordance with best practice.To clinically supervise Assistant Psychologists and/or other clinical staff as appropriate.
- To provide clinical consultation, mentor ship, supervision and advice about psychological issues to other members of the team.
- Maintain registration with your accreditation body (e.g. HCPC, BABCP) and act at all times within the regulations and recommendations of this professional body.
- Participate in appraisal and management supervision
- Engage in continuing professional development (CPD)
- Remain up to date with current knowledge and practice.
- Operate within boundaries of own professional competence and maintain professional boundaries.
- Assist in the planning and organisation of educational programmes for Schoen Clinic Chelsea staff.
- Provide education on psychological interventions within anxiety/depression disorders
- Complete and keep up to date all mandatory training as deemed appropriate by Schoen Clinic.
- Contribute to the Schoen Academy and the training of others outside of Schoen.
- Actively support values of equality, diversity and inclusion within the staff team.
- Read and comply with all relevant Schoen Clinic and statutory policies and procedures.
- Report any untoward incidents in line with Schoen Clinic policy and procedures.
- Report any safeguarding concerns in line with Schoen Clinic policy and procedures.
- Contribute to Schoen Clinic’s Clinical Governance arrangements, health and safety standards and quality agenda.
- Work with the Clinic Director, nursing and therapy staff to identify areas for improvement and implement necessary change.
- Keep adequate and timely patient records which comply with Schoen Clinic and national guidelines.
- Maintain an up-to-date calendar of planned groups and appointments and manage your own caseload.
- Ensure good communication with patients and families and remember our Duty of Candour.
- Liaise with other services, and agencies as necessary and in a timely manner. Our patients expect us to be responsive and communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ensure good practice in terms of updating and informing all members of the MDT and appropriate others about current care plans and the psychological progress of the patients.
- Act as a positive role model to all members of the MDT
- Facilitate feedback and staff debriefing sessions as required by the service.
- Work to ensure that Schoen Clinic Chelsea continues to maintain a high profile in anxiety/depression disorders networks.
- Represent the Schoen Clinic Chelsea team during inspections such as CQC and any other reviews.
- Contribute to good governance of the clinic and the ongoing projects that are a part of this.
Schoen Clinic Chelsea Awards & Accolades
2020 - LaingBuisson Hospital Group of The Year - Winner.
2020 - Leading Healthcare Awards - Finalist.
2020 - Health Investor Private Hospital Group of the Year - Finalist.
2019 - Health Investor Private Hospital Group of the Year - Finalist.
2019 - LaingBuisson Hospital Group of the Year - Finalist.
2019 - Healthcare & Pharmaceutical Awards - Dr James Woolley - Most Trusted Psychiatrist; London & South East England.
SCHOEN CLINIC CULTURE:
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable: Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring: Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative: Working together to make a winning team
Courageous: Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined: Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volumes of applications we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic London reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
Schoen Clinic Centre for Mental Health Chelsea
Permanent, Part Time
£40,000 (pro rata)
31st December 2021
- Doctorate training in Clinical or Counselling Psychology or Masters Level Training in Psychotherapy or equivalent and appropriate training for accreditation in and qualification.
- Registration with nationally recognised professional body e.g. HCPC, BACP etc
- Post qualification experience in a clinical mental health setting
- Knowledge of the Care Act
- Knowledge of the CQC Standards for care services and inspection processes.
- Knowledge of the professional standards of your professional body
- Up to date knowledge of the best evidence based for interventions offered to the clients of Schoen Clinic Chelsea.
- Knowledge of good practice in online therapeutic practice.
- Ability to apply knowledge of psychological theories to health and social care.
- Ability to evaluate own practice and experience of using routine outcome measures in clinically meaningful ways.
- Demonstrate an ability to provide psychological consultation, lead reflective practice sessions and collaborative care planning
- Demonstrate an ability in delivering formal and informal training to the staff team and professionals from outside of Schoen when needed.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex concepts, formulations and sensitive information to patients, carers/families and professionals.
- Salary up to £40,000 with an annual salary review
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Private Medical Insurance with BUPA including access to a private GP service, free screening & the inclusion of pre-existing conditions.
- Eye care scheme with Specsavers
- Online benefits portal with high street and online shopping discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
- Paid emergency leave
- Occupational Sick Pay above SSP
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Employee Assistance Programme with wellbeing support