Consultant Psychiatrist in Eating Disorders
Schoen Clinic York
Schoen Clinic are looking for a full-time Consultant Psychiatrist or two part-time Consultant Psychiatrists for our new inpatient eating disorders unit for adults in York. This is an exciting opportunity to take a lead role in the development of the service.
You will be working with an experienced multidisciplinary team and supported by an Associate Specialist. Schoen Clinic York is part of the Mental Health Division of Schoen Clinic UK, which also has units in Birmingham and London, and there will be opportunities for professional development and peer support within the group. Schoen Clinic is committed to innovation and evidence-based practice and has an active research programme.
You will work as part of the multidisciplinary team and will be responsible for the psychiatric and medical management of patients, including patients detained under the Mental Health Act. The unit will take patients with a range of presentations and there are plans to develop a specific pathway for those with eating disorders and complex trauma. The majority of our patients will be funded by the NHS.
SCHOEN CLINIC CULTURE:
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable: Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring: Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative: Working together to make a winning team
Courageous: Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined: Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volumes of applications we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic London reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
Working for Schoen Clinic
Schoen Clinic is an international healthcare company, based in Germany, which is now expanding in the UK. Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values.
For further information about the post or an informal discussion, please contact Dr Tony Winston, Medical Director, on 0121 580 8362 or by email at email@example.com
Schoen Clinic York
24th April 2021
- Specialist registration with the General Medical Council and a license to practice
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Approved Clinician status or willingness to achieve this
- A minimum of one years’ experience of eating disorders as a higher trainee or equivalent
- Experience in the psychological and pharmacological management of eating disorders and co-morbid conditions
- Knowledge of the physical complications of eating disorders and their management
- Experience of the management of refeeding in severely underweight patients
- Experience of a variety of psychotherapeutic approaches used in the treatment of eating disorders
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and willingness to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Competitive salary with an annual salary review
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme