Assistant Psychologist (1.5 Year FTC)
Schoen Clinic Newbridge
Schoen Clinic Newbridge House are recruiting an assistant psychologist to join their diverse psychology team. The psychology team consists of a lead psychologist, CBT therapist, art psychotherapist and three assistant psychologist’s.
You will be responsible for individual and group interventions, psychometrics, research and audit. You will have regular supervision and the opportunity for team and peer reflection.
Schoen Clinic Newbridge House offers excellent CPD and research opportunities, and prides itself on its multidisciplinary approach.
Schoen Clinic Newbridge House is a specialist Eating Disorder unit based in Streetly, Sutton Coldfield, providing in and out-patient services to young people aged 8-18. With an enviable reputation for excellent service provision we have had significant success through the dedication, innovation, and determination of our talented and close team of professionals. The unit was rated "Outstanding" by the CQC in 2016 and 2018.
If you are a team player, hard working, compassionate, meet the job specification and are looking for a new exciting work opportunity we look forward to receiving your application.
If you have any questions about the position please contact Dr Rebecca Trikic (Lead Psychologist) 0121 580 8362
The post holder will be expected to contribute to the on-going development of the service, providing psychological group intervention, and working alongside other assistant psychologists. The post holder will be responsible for representing psychology within MDT meetings, and supporting formulation, diagnosis and risk assessment.
The post holder will attend weekly supervision with a registered psychologist, and play an active role in service development through research and audit. The post holder will also be encouraged to further enhance their psychological knowledge and skills through research presentations and publications. The post holder will also be supported to pursue their career development onto a doctorate/master program.
- Work with an awareness of the NICE guidelines for the treatment of eating disorders.
- To conduct assessments including semi-structured interviews, self-report measures, rating scales, direct and structured observations, and provide feedback from these to the MDT to inform the most appropriate treatment.
- Establish strong therapeutic relationships with vulnerable young people and also work with families/carers.
- Help young people with eating disorders to develop an awareness of their difficulties and implement evidence based coping strategies.
- Carry out, score and interpret cognitive assessments using specialist equipment such as the WISC/WAIS, and disseminate the results of these to the team, families and other professionals.
- Deliver a range of psycho-educational groups and be responsible for the continued development of the group psychology programme at Newbridge House.
- Carry out one to one psychological intervention under the supervision of a Registered Psychologist.
- Represent the psychology team at weekly multi-disciplinary meetings and larger CPA review meetings.
- Assist in the formulation and delivery of care plans involving the psychological intervention and/or management of a patient’s difficulties under the supervision of a Registered Psychologist.
- Prepare clinical reports in a timely fashion, to communicate patients’ needs and progress to other members of the MDT
SCHOEN CLINIC CULTURE:
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based on our five key values:
Accountable: Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring: Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative: Working together to make a winning team
Courageous: Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined: Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volumes of applications, we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic Orthopaedic and Spinal Hospital London reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
Although we endeavour to reply to all applicants interested in opportunities here at Schoen Clinic, due to the large number of applicants we receive, we are not always able to reply directly to unsuccessful candidates. Due to this, if you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Schoen Clinic Newbridge
31st October 2021
- Undergraduate degree Psychology with Graduate Basis for Registration with British Psychological Society.
- Additional training in the field of mental health including informal courses and/or postgraduate qualifications.
- Training in professional skills such as safeguarding and information governance and health and safety.
- Training in psychological therapies and/or in research and audit. Demonstrate recent engagement in continuing professional development relevant to the work of the clinic.
- Knowledge of legislation and professional frameworks that guide clinical practice such as Care Quality Commission or the Care Act.
- Up to date knowledge of the best evidence based for interventions for Eating Disorders and Anxiety and Mood Disorders.
- Skills: Abilities and competencies
- Experience of working in a clinical mental health setting that involved working clinically with adults and/or children with Eating Disorders
- Experience of working in a clinical mental health setting that involved running groups with adults and/or children.
- Ability to apply knowledge of psychological theories to health and social care.
- £21,892 salary
- Enhanced Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise by working in a specialist environment alongside leading experts.
- A chance to be at the forefront of best practice with our award winning approach to quality outcome measurement.
- Be part of new exciting projects to inspire and challenge you.